- A brief history of affordable housing funding in the U.S.
- Why is homelessness increasing in Colorado?
- Homelessness and Health in the time of COVID-19
- Righting the Wrongs of the Past: Race and Housing
- Housing Stability and Health: The Forgotten Link
- Maria’s Story: How Illness Led to Homelessness
- The Basics: Learn About Affordable Housing Policy
(all above links courtesy of Colorado Coalition for the Homeless)
Supportive Housing and Community Development Consulting
BeauxSimone Consulting offers training, technical assistance and project development. This includes everything from helping organizations envision a project concept to bringing the right partners to the table, packaging applications for funding, and seeing a building through opening and stabilization of its residents.
BeauxSimone Consulting offers a 5-month long training series that builds the capacity of community providers and offers the skills and knowledge needed to build and operate successful permanent supportive housing projects. The training is production oriented with the goal being feasible projects that produce new or rehabbed units, including high-quality supportive services, based on best practices for the residents who will live in those units. Toolkits have been conducted in Minnesota, Colorado, Utah and New Mexico. We are helping to lead the first-ever Tribal Toolkit, in partnership with HUD, Collaborative Solutions and the National American Indian Housing Council.